1.04.2007

Blinded By Bad Light

So I’m sitting here at work this morning, basking in the rays of the florescent tubes perched above my head/cubicle walls. My thoughts every so often drifting to the phrase I constantly ponder as I sit in my cubicle, repeating – “what’s next?!?”

But my mind keeps drawing blanks. And the humming, sputtering of my computer sends me back into shocking reality. I will remain here, seated calmly until I can find a more suitable means of expressing myself that also provides a slight profit. It’s almost like I’m waiting for that airplane ding to signify, “you’re now free to move about with your life!”

Part of me would love nothing more then to leave cubicle life behind forever. Do something brash and unruly by just walking away. But the realist in me knows that I need to keep somewhat of a level head, until I can figure out my next move.

Because really, what will 2007 bring me on this chilly, rainy January morn? Then I sit back and take a sip of my tea. I shield my eyes from the blinding light and am clearly drawn to the fortune hanging on my tea bag, which states, “Your greatness is measured by your gifts, not your possessions.”

What a great ideal to believe at this moment. What a great ideal to strive for in my life. What a great mindset to venture toward today and tomorrow. To realize that there is a hope of what’s next could really be something to covet. An opportunity to share of my time and myself is probably the greatest gift. And realizing maybe when I stop asking questions I should start truly worrying…

Here is a list of tunes that were the first tunes springing from my Ipod today. Indeed they were helpful in combating this cold, rainy attitude:

  1. Walking Out of Stride – Badly Drawn Boy
  2. Day Tripper – The Beatles
  3. How It Is – Jackopierce
  4. How to Save a Life – The Fray
  5. Still – Long-View
  6. My Stupid Mouth – John Mayer
  7. Pop Song 89 – R.E.M.
  8. Maggie’s Farm – Bob Dylan
  9. Jumpers – Sleater-Kinney
  10. Crystal Ball – Keane
  11. We Haven’t Turned Around – Gomez
  12. I Predict A Riot – Kaiser Chiefs
  13. London Bridge – Fergie
  14. Shut Down – The Beach Boys
  15. Something to Say – The Connells

No comments: