1.28.2011

Orange You Glad It’s Friday?!?

Glad you asked, “I’m super stoked that it is Friday!!!”


And here are the reasons why:

I’ve completed the Cara Cara Challenge. What is the Cara Cara Challenge you may ask? Well it’s Rachiley vs. 14 Cara Cara (or 8 pounds of) oranges in 14 days. Now you may ask yourself why eat all those oranges. Here are the reasons below:
  • Cara Cara oranges (otherwise known as pink navel oranges) are probably the tastiest oranges I’ve ever eaten. I stumbled upon them back a few years ago and now I can’t wait every late fall/early winter for their arrival. They are pinkish red, has an exceptionally sweet flavor with a tangy cranberry-like zing, and few to no seeds…
  • I normally buy a ton of these oranges at Whole Foods when I go shopping, but I realized I was eating a ton of them. So in an effort to save money…
  • I purchased a very large8 pound bag of the Cara Cara oranges at Costco…
  • Hence the challenge – I had to eat them before they would go bad!!!
  • And as an added bonus acquire a lot of vitamin C naturally…
  • While I imagined every day I was somewhere these oranges were grown…
  • Thankfully I did not turn any shade of orange from eating way too many oranges!!!
I’m looking forward to a mild weather weekend in the middle of winter!
  • It’s supposed to be in the 60’s this weekend…
  • So that means I can get out on the greenline to bicycle or attempt to rollerblade…
  • And just enjoy the company of good friends!!!
Maybe while I’m catching up on sleep, enjoying time outside and contemplating life – I can come up with some sort of new challenge. Let’s see how it plays out.

Ok, Ketchup with you later party peeps. And orange you glad I didn't say banana...

No comments: