7.09.2006

I like you, but you're crazy!

So I’m quoting a little Old School today because I spent the weekend with some of my favorite men - Vince Vaughn, Owen Wilson, Luke Wilson, Will Ferrell and more. Ok, so they were all viewed through my television screen, but they definitely brought some more laughter into my life. And actually I don’t even do the quote justice in my title, so below is the full line:

"You're... you're crazy man. I like you, but you're crazy." -Frank The Tank (after she shoots himself in the jugular with a animal tranquilizer)

This quote really has two meanings for me right now:
  1. There are just some movies out there that draw you in. It doesn’t matter how many times you’ve seen the flick, when you turn on the TV it just sucks you in helplessly. That has to be the case for me this weekend. And I guess it’s a coincidence that Vince Vaughn just happens to be in most of the funny ones I enjoy most. I literally will stop and lose yet another hour of my life to movies like Old School, Wedding Crashers (damn that HBO this weekend), Swingers and even Rudy (what can I say even a girl can get caught up in the moment of triumph overcoming adversity) to name a few. And not only do some of these movies suck me in, they leave me walking around quoting sheer nonsense (good thing I have friends willing to play along) for hours.

  2. And to be honest this quote also sums up my past week. I’ve been a bit crazy, a bit kooky and probably a tad bit stressed, but that sure as heck doesn’t mean I don’t like you or life in general. Things have just been a bit pressed with me doing so much. Plus as an added incentive I’ve really been working my tush off this summer. I’m trying to see how far I can make it through the dog days of summer without taking vacation (besides what’s bestowed upon me - aka memorial day, 4th of July, etc). This gargantuan effort I’m hoping will payoff in the form of me going to Switzerland this fall for some Hot Cocoa.
Wish me luck in my venture for making it to the end of the summer without taking much time off. And don’t worry I will continue to infuse my mind with useless movies with my man Vince. I’m sure right now I can turn on the tube to find Starsky & Hutch, Dodgeball, Anchorman or many other flicks to pass the Sunday night lull away.

No comments: