9.25.2006

Woke up this morning

I woke up this morning with my mind, my mind set on freedom, fun and travel. That’s right my few, but loyal readers it’s getting super close for me to actually leave on a vacation. It’s just mere days away before I can get some famous Swiss chocolate or see the picturesque Alps myself.

It sort of just hit me yesterday that this was actual going to happen, well that and talking with Kac on the phone for 3 minutes. I finally decided to pull myself out of the pity party sorrow of work related drama to find a ray of sunshine. Not that the drama will cease to exist, I just need to do a better job of not getting dragged into the constant rake of the muck.

So I will work on creating a glow around days filled with an exploration into worlds I’ve never seen. And prepping to explore the worlds’ unseen has proved one thing – I am an Ubergeek.

I started soaking up guidebooks and friends suggestions like a sponge. But there are WAY TO MANY places, things to do and food to try in such a short stretch of time. All I know is that these feet, this mind and soul were meant to walk on, but for time consideration I will have to narrow down to a few places these peepers can actually intake.

I’ll post more when about the trip a little later, but until then let me satisfy you with some musical styling. Here are the first 10 songs from Rachiley’s morning shuffle:

1. Ticket To Ride – The Beatles
2. Bad Brain – The Ramones
3. King of Birds – R.E.M.
4. These 3 Sins – Gomez
5. Ocean of War – The Samples
6. In Your Eyes – Peter Gabriel
7. Cigarettes & Chocolate Milk – Rufus Wainwright
8. The Sound of Settling – Death Cab For Cutie
9. Distant Sun – Crowded House
10. Why Don’t You Write Me – Simon and Garfukel

No comments: