11.21.2006

Let's Go to the Mall

A smile and insane case of the giggles always follows after watching the Robin Sparkles video. It's just downright funny and quite catchy (I’m not going to lie the song’s been stuck in my head since I heard it)! Plus anyone close to my age can remember a. wearing those types of clothes out in public and b. being obsessed with a some teenybopper* icon who sang tunes like the one on How I Met Your Mother.



And that's probably why I enjoy How I Met Your Mother so much. I often feel that the writers have somehow tapped into conversations and goofy antics that my friends have been up to throughout our lives. It’s one of the few sitcoms where I openly laugh out loud at and like all of the characters. Like I said these characters remind me of people in my life.

These characters are struggling to find their place in the world of careers, life, education and love. It’s great fun to watch their progression in comparison to my own.

My only wish is that I could have Josh Radnor type in my life too, but I’m not going push it. So if you haven’t checked out the show, definitely give it a try. I promise you won’t regret the revelations of Swarley.

*Teenybopper – is a group of teenage kids that SPE refers to seeing throughout town (especially at the Malco Paradiso). Apparently at one point in your life you will be in this phase willingly or not…lol

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I WANT YOUR TEENYBOPPER.....Not your teenage.

Anonymous said...

OMG - their outfits are SO me and my friends in the 80s...