11.08.2006

So leave out the others, baby, say I'm the only one

So leave out the others, baby, say I'm the only one...That's right it was Pete Yorn singing directly to me and a small intimate crowd tonight at the New Daisy theatre in Memphis. Here is the complete set list from one of the best live shows I've seen in a while:

  1. splendid isolation (warren zevon)
  2. life on a chain
  3. for us
  4. georgie boy
  5. bandstand in the sky
  6. vampyre
  7. i feel good again (junior kimbrough)
  8. sense
  9. june
  10. alive
  11. closet
  12. there is a light that never goes out (the smiths)
  13. baby i'm gone
  14. just another
  15. crystal village
  16. for nancy

for an encore he entertained us with:

  1. strange condition
  2. broken bottle
  3. murray
  4. suspicious minds (elvis presley)

My friends and I encoutered the occasional shout out from a fan behind me who kept repeating, "Pete - I WANT your hat!" There were a few other statements mentioned, but this is a family friendly site so I will leave you with the hat comment.

And there were the occasional restless drunk, 'but i'm 21" college girls trying to take over our personal space with Pete! No worries my “chicken wings” were armed and ready to defend our personal space with honor and integrity. Unfortunately the “wings” were a bit defunct against a smelly boy wielding a camera. If only I had the insight to whack him upside the head and take his Pete photos to go! (grrrr...that darn broken plasma screen on my camera saddens me to no end)

Really though it was an incredible concert with a ton of energy. I was only saddened that Burrito didn’t make the cut (since that was the whole reason Janky came to the show). But he definitely made up for it with his killer covers of The Smiths and Elvis.

I’m not going to lie it would have been awesome to hear him cover "Just My Imagination" too, but you will hear no complaints from me because I came home happy as a clam (with a ton of my favorite songs played).

Again, to my friends eagerly awaiting my completion of my stories from Europa, Europa - my apologies. I hope to get back on track with posting those really soon. Until then I will leave you with my hot, yet blurry pics of my boy Pete (seriously these don't do him justice):



I will leave you with one final thought from me - "It's a strange condition filled with suspicious minds"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want your haaaaaattttt!