2.11.2007

Weddingpalooza

The year of 2007 shall now be deemed WEDDINGPALOOZA. You see I’ve already received 6 wedding invitations that span over the next 4 months. I’ve been quite comfortable over the last two years attending a wedding here or there, but with so many so close to each other this might call for additional evening wear. Ok, these occasions definitely call for additional evening wear especially since many folks WILL BE crossover engagements.

It just kind of amazes me that there seems to be to wave of weddings of my friends as of late, but I guess there is an ebb and flow cycle for these events too.

My last big wave of weddings was about 3-4 years ago. I definitely spent a lot of time traveling the wedding circuit (and utilizing my frequent flyer miles) to attend weddings of old friends, new friends, and family. Occasionally I even had to decline some invitations because weddings fell on the same day, were in too exotic of locations or it conflicted with family commitments. What I can say though is that many of those marriages I witnessed or miss out on have proved to be fruitful producing many a bouncing baby girl or boy.

The weddings on my future agenda will each have their own special meaning. I will watch friends from elementary school, high school, coworkers (past and present) and friends from various other stages of my life brave a new-fangled frontier with folks who’ve engaged them in the game of their lives.

I wish them all the best of luck and the ability to continue to spread the joy/love that they’ve shed onto my life into their future nuptials. And who knows maybe this weddingpalooza will bring me something new, borrowed or blue.

No comments: