9.25.2007

Springer for Lester Lit

So here is how I spent my Tuesday post work cool down. I campaigned outside for Lester Lit for City Council. Now I’ve known Lester for a long time, but mainly in the capacity as my friend’s father. With that in mind though, when I left the office I wasn’t too keen on the idea of pressing the flesh with voters. But I was actually pleasantly surprised how interesting people watching spot to spend on a fall evening. And as an added bonus you really do learn about how the campaign/election process works in a city like Memphis. I spent a lot of time watching candidates, family members and staunch poll workers foam at the mouth with each potential person pulled into the church. I hope my presence made a difference for Mr. Lit. Hopefully though his celebrity endorsement, which you can see below will really push him over the edge:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

now that's a ringing endorsement. if only we could have gotten jerry into the audience of the jerry springer opera (did you see that?) a few weeks ago! is this ad showing on teevie?

Rachiley said...

i haven't seen it yet on tv. but i've been told by numerous people that it is indeed running!