9.27.2007

Waiting, Watching the Clock

So I'm waiting patiently this morning for a repairman to look at my refrigerator. The other night, I realized that the freezer wasn’t sealing properly so many items aren't really staying frozen...Ahh the joys of home ownership. Since I've been waiting I decided to take an extra long walk this morning. I caught up with a few friends on instant messenger and worked for a bit on a project for work.

I love being at home, but I hate feeling of being trapped in multiple 4-hour windows. And these service companies set our expectations with a wide-open windows of time, just to show up right at the end or cancel during the waiting process. It happens all the time when you’re waiting on the cable guy or any sort of repair person/contractor. So here I am, sitting, waiting and watching the clock...

No comments: