1.20.2006

Freewheeling Friday

It’s time to get this party started people! Current temperature is 64 degrees and falling on January 20th at 1:14pm*.

Right now I’m sitting here with Norm the Gnome chilling like a villain. Or shall I call him DJ NormEGnome Fresh? Not sure if it’s just a coincidence, but my little gnome has vacated his Astroturf and strategically moved himself closer and closer to my Ipod in the past few weeks. He must be in desperate need for some tuneage too! No matter the case, we are both sitting here jamming out at my desk to an Ipod Remix. Ya know kicking it a little before I head off site to a meeting.
I then predict a reunion with NormEGnome, where we will share a quiet cappuccino and listen to some more tunes. Then I will toil away to wrap a few more odds and ends piled up on my desk. Then I will get ready to break free with that ever so tempting 5pm dash. On your marks…Get Set…I’m outta here :-)

Then we can mark it off my calendar. And I will then be able to commit myself fully to another fun, freewheeling Friday. That’s right folks bring on the friends, the laughs, the good times and some RUACH (“Spirit” in Hebrew). So if I get a little rowdy, don’t protest, just join in the celebration of another fulfilling week.

And as I close the chapter of this week, let us reflect upon a few mere sparks:
*Floor seats for the Grizzlies vs. Spurs game on MLK day – not only a great game, but had a great message, special guests (Alabama Blind Boys, Elmo & the Shades, Bill Russell, etc.)
*Driving a brand new Hummer off the lot (I will probably never own one, but it was kind of cool to drive it off like it was mine. And I can always say I drove it first!)
*Watching Death Cab for a Cutie on SNL (I may seriously never delete this from my DVR. I “Heart” that Ben Gibbard fellow!)


**Please note that this is a courtesy call from our friend’s at Captain D’s.

No comments: