1.17.2006

Rock Chalkless Nights

There was no joy in Lawrence, KS or Memphis, TN since the mighty Jayhawks & Grizzlies have now both dropped 2 games in a row. As I sit here and type this message out…my heart sighs just a little bit.

I get a bit misty-eyed thinking about how KU has now lost to both K-State aka “The Purple-Power Kittens” & Mizzou aka “Muck Fizzou” within a mere 48-hour period. What’s the freaking deal? We lose to both sworn enemies in one fail sweep? I’m almost at a loss for words…

Physically it pains me to know KU’s 2006 season has boiled down to these two losses, but now I’m trying put a positive spin on the situation. First off – I’m happy for K-State. Partially because my friend RJet (who recently became engaged) now can go about his merry way knowing that his alma mater doesn’t stink that bad.

I mean it only took the power kittens 31 tries to finally put that W in the record book, but they finally did it. RJet - let us just call this little victory an early engagement/wedding present for ya! So don't forget this generous gift. And let me ask you a quick question – weren’t you still in school the last time they beat good ole KU? I thought they said it was 1894, oops I meant 1994. Oh how the time flies…

And then of course I’ve got my close KU pal Crider (another recently engaged friend). She’s getting ready to join herself for richer or poorer, in sickness & health to a Missouri Tiger grad for ETERNITY. They are one happy & cute couple, until KU/MU game day arrives. No worries though my Rock Chalk friend - we still have our 2005 football victory :-)

Just please don’t make any bets that will lead you to ever have to wear that dreaded black and gold. Again, let him know it’s just an early engagement/wedding present. There will be no need to make a big affair about the victory. I’m just hopeful that we won’t be Rock Chalkless situation over our archrivals in next round of match-ups this season.

BTW – I had to DVR the KU/MU match-up last night because I watched the Griz drop another one to San Antonio at the FedEx Forum. Thanks to Zig for giving me a live play by play of the KU/MU game when it went into overtime. Don’t forget to check back tomorrow for part 2 – I “Heart” Griz/Rachiley Rocking the FedEx Forum.

1 comment:

Michael "Ziggy" Danziger said...

Hey! Welcome to the party! The blog is off to a great start and I'm honored to have been mentioned already! I'll check back often and, if I can remember how, I'll put a link to you on mine.