1.16.2006

Yogalicious!

What's up ya'll? Well for me it's been quite an interesting week rocking and rolling around town. Last week brought a bit of adventure, romance, luck and some new forms of relaxation. I spent a great majority of the week really trying to get back into the swing of everything. Seeing as it was my first full week back in the office for 2006. And my pal Kac is officially a married Swiss Miss, which meant no more wedding stuff going on. I attempted to make plans with folks who I hadn't seen in weeks. And I decided to try to tackle a new workout regimen for 2006.

So let's chat about the new workout ideas for a sec. Starting a new program or restarting a new program is always rough. I tend to get very bored going to the gym day in or out. So that's why I usually vary with indoors and outdoors activities. But a friend convinced me I should join the gym near my house. This way we could occasionally work out together and keep each other motivated. Yesterday she convinced me to try the gyms Yoga class. So I go and this is my adventure:

LilVin: "How are you liking it?"

Rachiley: "Is this supposed to be relaxing?" (slight giggling ensues)"

LilVin: "You get used to it."

Rachiley: "I'm not sure I'm breathing right. Or even doing this right..."

LilVin: "Do you have asthma? I think you're doing great, it just gets some taking used to..."

Rachiley: "No, I don't have asthma. You've seen me workout and run. I'm just not keeping up with the breathing according to the instructor. And I look like a flippin' moron trying to twist!"

At the end of the class my friend went to go change and the instructor came up to chat with me. She actually said that I did really well in the class. She even thought it had looked like I had taken some classes before. She hoped to see me again in the future. It was hard for me not to blatantly laugh in her face as she seemed to be very sincere about my efforts. Honestly, I was terrible at the Yoga. Who knows I may try it again since I did feel a bit of relaxation after the naptime portion. Let's face it though - I'm the straight little twig pretzel trying to fit into twisty pretzel world.

Relaxation doesn't come easy to me. Maybe it's truly an acquired state of mind. I'll let ya'll know if I decide to get a yogalicious again in the near future or if I just stick with a more traditional plan of action.

No comments: