8.31.2006

Try Just A Little Bit Harder

Life is all about trying a little bit harder. Hitting the scene everyday with something new and better in support something, ANYTHING. Right now it’s quite early in AM. The background is filled with the sounds of planes taking off overhead leaving for places around the globe. And of course I’m listening to some music. The embittered soul of Janis Joplin singing about how she needs to “Try just a little bit harder” in her music documentary Janis.

Actually it’s a great documentary that interjects interviews with live footage of performances from different stages of her lives. It’s amazing to listen to such a tortured, but talented soul that just craved music. Watching the magic she created as the music just flowed out from her entire being without much thought. She was able to create a sensation that was almost unreal, untouchable by most. She used this natural spewing of raw emotion that could only be gained through her musical outlet.

I can’t even quite grasp the luxury or genius of such talent in the midst of the everyday details that weigh me down. All I can do is try just a little bit harder like Janis and keep seeking. Constantly looking deep those that surround me or myself for that spark of genius, which will eventually unlock the captured soul inside me.

No comments: