3.13.2007

Dedicated to the one I love...

Ok, not really the one I love, love but actually something I love - Cranbeary the 5-year old Polar Bear living at the Memphis Zoo. Our paths first crossed last spring when I took the day off from work and headed out to the zoo. I was drawn to the Northwest Passage exhibit at zoo and I immediately feel in love with Cranbeary & The Polar Pals. The polar bears playful swam, tussled or slept on the rocks while I observed with the rest of the crowd. Her massive paw touched the glass where my hand laid, almost as if she was giving me a high-five*. I wanted to take Cranbeary home, but I was told “no, no time to see the rest of the animals.”


I saw dear Cranbeary featured a few times on local billboards or in the newspaper, but didn’t have a chance to revisit in person. Apparently though she had a pushed beyond the edge courtship in February 2007. So now she’s under lock & key recovering from surgery in a private suite.


I guess prepping stuff 24/7 for work in February really left me in the dark. So now I’d like to send a speedy recovery to my friend Cranbeary with a heart felt Ipod Shuffle Mix below. Or you can send her a get-well greeting too.

Cranbeary’s Speedy Recovery, I will Not Hold It Against You Payton Mix:

1. Summer Daze – Luscious Jackson
2. Splendid Isolation – Pete Yorn
3. Qu’avons-nous fair – Autour De Lucie
4. Your Eyes Open – Keane
5. So I Can Love You – The Emotions
6. Juarez – Tori Amos
7. Need You Tonight – INXS
8. Take What You Take – Lilly Allen
9. Island In The Sun – Weezer
10. Girlfriend In A Coma – The Smiths
11. Cool Jerk – The Go-Go’s
12. Simon Says – The Central Standards
13. All You Need Is Love – The Beatles
14. Circle – Sarah McLachlan
15. She Don’t Use Jelly – The Flaming Lips

*A bit of creative licensing with may have been taken in recollecting my first Cranbeary encounter from last year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I made sure to send Cranbeary some Get Well wishes.