10.23.2007

Blimey Limey Tuesday

What a terrible way to start a Tuesday…I walked out the door with just a light rain coat, but was greeted by a misty rain. The gloom and wintry type of chill alone stopped me in my tracks. Today’s weather seemed so foreign to me since I haven’t seen a rainy, cold fog in what feels like well over a year. Feeling quite stupid for not consulting the Action News 5, Doppler weather forecast or the internet I returned into my house to fetch a warm fleece. This day was already off to a rotten start.

By the time I rolled into the office I was cold, cranky and a bit damp. I was sure I wouldn’t be able to shake the funk. But when I arrived at my desk a stack of 10 new music CDs greeted me! Yippee!!!

A co-worker had left me some new tunes to check out in preparation for a concert. My frown started to melt slightly.

Next, I headed off to a morning meeting and it ended early. Bonus!!!

And finally another co-worker stopped by my cube to drop me off a mid-morning Blimey Limey treat. Yummy!!!

At this point I realized it was futile for me to continue along my mopey path. I went out to lunch with the boys from work. I spent the afternoon smiling and laughing. Heck, I may even decide to splash in some puddles as I leave the office tonight.

Moral of the Story – Even when the cold wet rain falls on you, try to capture a few rays of sunshine. It might even turn into a bit of happiness! What made you happy today?

2 comments:

H. Pierre Schlomo Presley said...

reading your blog b/c i wanted to feel connected to you but my brain hurts too much right now to write a decent email. that's what made my day. that and the really cool music video by those memphis guys.

Anonymous said...

I see rainbows and kittens and bright sunny mittens. Enjoy every day cause with a smile and there will always be rainbows in your life:)