1.16.2008

Children’s Benadryl – Grape Flavored!

I’m sitting at my desk this afternoon hopped up on Children’s grape chewable Benadryl tablets.

You may be asking yourself two questions:

1. Why the need for Benadryl?
2. And if you do need Benadryl, why the need for the children’s chewable format?


Answers:

A. I had an allergic reaction yesterday, which could have been caused by a multitude of irritants none of which I can firmly pinpoint. But what remains is an itchy rash all over my upper torso area. Lucky me, right?

B. I have a very sensitive palate and honestly sometimes I feel the chewables are much more user friendly. And trust me friends when you are itchy, cranky and don’t want to take any medication you do things to fool yourself. Even if that means taking a children’s tablet. And let’s be honest I’m really a big kid at heart.

In all serious though, I’m currently in one of those weird phases of being sleepy with a slight hint of edginess caused by the Benadryl. I’m pretty sure working is probably not one of my wiser moves after having a reaction, but I felt the need to come in and try to wrap up paperwork on a time-sensitive project. So here I am now sitting, waiting (for the paperwork to be routed back to me) and reading the back of the box of Benadryl which warns me about the following:

*marked drowsiness may occur
*excitability may occur, especially in small children
*be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery


OK, maybe I should stop reading the back of this box and head home...

Before I go, here are my first 10 songs that came blaring from my Ipod after I took my last dose of children’s chewables:

1. The Time of Times – Badly Drawn Boy
2. Just Tonight – Jimmy Eat World
3. You Might Think – The Cars
4. Night Drive – The All-American Rejects
5. L.A. Woman – The Doors
6. Panic-Oh! – Los Abandoned
7. So Much Work – Pete Yorn
8. Geek USA - Smashing Pumpkins
9. 5 Times Out of 100 – Hot Hot Heat
10. Take It On The Run – REO Speedwagon