1.31.2008

Band Of Horses

What can I say...I'm still blown away by the Band of Horses show I went to last night at the Hi-Tone. Great Music. Great People. Great Fun. Best of all the show was $13. It's probably the best live music bargain I've gotten in a while.

Many of you know I've been raving about the Band of Horses over the last few months. That or maybe I've just inundated you with some of their songs. But really I can't help but gush over them. I just can't help but to sing along! I love sound and the lyrics. And every time I spin either album I discover that I don't want to tune them out or skip a song. So they've become a heavy favorite in my rotation.

Plus they put on one heck of a live show, even with all the bearded/mountain men in attendance or performing. Here is a short clip from last night:



Hopefully in the coming days I will be able to provide a complete playlist. Until then you will have to suffice with my memory of them playing some of my favorites like Ode To LRC, No One's Gonna Love You , The Great Salt Lake, The Funeral & Cigarettes, Wedding Bands. Plus they sprinkled in a Chicago & CCR cover.
I would highly recommend listening to a few Band of Horses tunes or seeing them live. They will not disappoint!

PS - Yes, the prospect of some good tunes really did ease my pain about KU's lost to K-State.

1 comment:

H. Pierre Schlomo Presley said...

bearded men with banjos. there's a certain element of class...