2.14.2008

Indigo Girls Revisited

The Indigo Girls returned last night to play the Rose Theater at the University of Memphis. The venue is kind of small (for a theater), which made the setting very intimate. The music was crisp and vibrant. I was glad to see both Amy & Emily return to Memphis instead of canceling the concert out right, like a lot of musicians do.

This is probably the 5th time I've seen the Indigo Girls perform live and they always leave me wanting more. They just consistently put on a good live show. They balanced out their set with old and new tunes. And I love how they constantly say, "Thanks Y'all" after every song. I was a little bummed that they skipped out on a few songs I wanted to hear, but I guess those are the breaks...no worries, I sang them to myself as I fell asleep last night.


Power of Two


Here is the complete set list from the Memphis show:
Yield
Pendulum Swinger
Become You
Hammer & Nail
Three County Highway
Power of Two
Ozilline w/ Michelle Malone
It's Alright
Dairy Queen
Let It Be Me
Shame On You w/ Michelle Malone on harmonica
Get Out The Map w/ Michelle Malone
Go
You & Me of the 10,000 Wars
Jonas & Ezekial
Least Complicated
Money Made You Mean
Prince of Darkness
Johnny Rottentale
Closer to Fine w/ Michelle Malone

Encore:
Gone Again w/ Michelle Malone
Galileo

3 comments:

H. Pierre Schlomo Presley said...

Sounds like a good show. Wish I could have sung along with you (at the concert, not on your pillow). Ahh, Rach, I miss you.

Rachiley said...

i miss ya too - i've got to try to mail you something his week.

Amy, Scott, Lily and Sidney said...

Again, I am SO jealous. Sounds like quite a great show. I haven't seen them in years. Glad to see "You & Me of the 10,000 Wars" on the playlist. I love that song.

Rusted Root is coming to Raleigh!!