2.24.2008

KU vs. UCLA - 12.2.95 - Rock Chalking Old School

This was hands down the best basketball game I ever saw at Allen Fieldhouse and probably my entire time at KU, if not ever*. It was my freshman year and I lived across the street from the Fieldhouse. I remember walking over with my friends really early on a chilly December morning to meet up with some other friends who had been camping out for us for seats since we got back from Thanksgiving. We ended up with prime seat selection under the basket for this showdown between these two historic basketball programs.

The Kansas Jayhawks' started Jacque Vaughn, Paul Pierce, Raef LaFrentz, Scot Pollard and Jerod "Floor Burns" Haase against the defending national champion UCLA Bruins. I couldn’t contain my excitement as the game progressed. It was certainly chilly outside, but things were definitely heating up in the “Phog.” KU came back from being 19 down to beat UCLA (for the first time) by 15. It was probably one of my most favorite memories of KU and KU Basketball! So please watch and enjoy (and maybe you can find the Freshman me too):



*This could be my favorite basketball moment, but I have to admit going to the Final 4 (even when we lost) was a pretty darn good experience too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HA! I got you watching that whole game again. ROCK CHALK!