2.05.2008

Super Tuesday/Fat Tuesday

I hope everyone, of legal age of course, is taking advantage of their opportunity to go out and vote today. Times like today are some folks only chance to voice their opinion.

Black or White, Right Wing or Left Wing, Jewish or Christian it doesn't matter; the choice is left up to you and your vote. Sometimes the candidate you back wins, sometimes they lose. But at least you are allowed to be a part of the process, which isn't the case for many folks around the world.

I've been exercising my right to vote since 1995 and hope to continue to be able to cast a vote as long as I can read the ballot. I followed the election for work in 2000 when I worked for a newspaper, which nearly burned me out on politics forever. But I surprised myself by helping campaign for a candidate a bit in 2004. Like I said before, the process intrigues me.

So again, I encourage you to vote today. Research, read and learn about who you think would work best for you and your community. And rock the vote – it literally takes about 2 minutes.

PS – Some people fondly call today Super Tuesday (for the election), but it also coincides with Fat Tuesday this year…Ahh to be gluttonous and partake in some Mardi Gras action today. A king cake, some bead tossing and a few adult libations. Definitely a better way to spend the day, instead of being cooped up behind a desk.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What did you do to get those beads?

Rachiley said...

not a thing buddy! walked into lunch and someone saw me sans mardi gras attire. they offered me the beads around their neck ;-)