2.21.2008

Veggie Kind of Life

I had an interesting conversation yesterday with one of my oldest friends. Typically I make it a habit not to share these conversations in my blog, but I have to say I’m actually quite impressed at the challenge she and her boyfriend are about to embark on.

Wendy and Gordon* have announced yesterday that they are going vegetarian for 30 days. And if it works out during the trial period it might become a permanent life style change.

I’ve known Wendy has been reading a book called the “Skinny Bitch” because we’ve had some discussion about it at length. The book, which is on/was on the New York Times bestseller list, definitely provides a controversial approach/discussion to diets and veganism. But whatever your personal stance on the situation may be in regards to the book, it makes people think (which is half the battle).

This book and living a healthy lifestyle was enough to inspire them both to take a chance. So yesterday they made it official! Wendy and Gordon are ready to try out this lifestyle (vegetarian not complete veganism). And Wendy had just completed the grocery shopping to prove it. Funny, I see many more trips to Whole Foods/Wild Oats in their future.

And hopefully they might allow me in the future to report again on their progress and challenges as they face the world as newly inducted vegetarians.

*The names have been changed to hide their identity, which allows me to blog about it with permission!

1 comment:

Rachiley said...

Just a quick update. Wendy says, "technically it is not vegetarian but pescetarian since I plan on eating fish for now."