2.06.2008

Wonders of Wheatgrass

This morning I ran into Wild Oats on the way to the office to get a smoothie. I usually reserve the fruit smoothie as a treat to myself when I'm not working or after a workout, but today I was feeling a little blue and it’s still so gray/gloomy from the storms last night. So I decided what the heck - Mango Colada time it is!

I paid for my smoothie and walked up to the bar, where they prepared my drink. While I was standing there a very chipper guy (another customer) started talking to me. He was getting his daily wheatgrass & juice fix. Here is a bit of our conversation:

Wheatgrass Guy: “Hi, good morning to ya!”

Me: “Umm, hi…”

Wheatgrass Guy: “What are you getting?”

Me: “The mango smoothie…”

Wheatgrass Guy: “Ohh, that’s good. Have you ever had a wheatgrass shot?”

Me: “Umm, nope…”

Wheatgrass Guy: “Well they are great for you. It helps your heart, improves your digestion, fights cancer…It’s pretty much good for well everything”

Me: “It’s grass.”

Wheatgrass Guy: “You should try one. I’d like to buy this lady a wheatgrass shot. Make me another. Will you please try it?”


He then proceeded to spend another few minutes convincing me of the benefits of the daily wheatgrass usage and that I might actually like it. I finally just gave in and drank the darn thing.

By then my smoothie order was up, I thanked the Wheatgrass Guy who said, “No problem, off to work, have a good day!”

He then put on his headphones and walked out. I probably had a very puzzled look on my face as I started to sip my smoothie, because the silence was broken by the guy behind the Juice bar. The juice bar guy said, “Rachel, you two are both in here enough that I’m sure you will see him around again.”

Needless to say it was just another chance encounter that makes up a composite of my life. And now I’m left thinking about the wonders of wheatgrass, this weird after taste and the randomness of life.

No comments: